So many people that I speak to tell me that they are going to completely let their hair down in December and just "get on it" in the new year...
I completely understand, I do... And I actually agree with having some time off from normal diet.. But... I would limit it to just a few days with the "sod it" approach..
Several reasons.. It makes it so much harder to get rid of the sugar if you binge on it for a whole month.. It is addictive and the longer you are consuming lots of it, the harder it is to get rid of.
Secondly, the more junk you eat, the worse you will feel... Don't you want to be feeling your best over Christmas? Wearing that little black dress with pride on Christmas day and not feeling sluggish and bloated before the day has begun.
Thirdly, we all know what its like when January 1st arrives, we're all half a stone heavier and frantically googling what the best and quickest way to lose the weight. I HATE faddy diets with a passion... Those of you that have followed me for a while will know that I'm against any diet that has you counting points/ syns/ calories/ fat... It does absolutely nothing for your mental health... And, very little for your waistline as the second you stop, it all piles back on. These types of diets leave you lacking in nutrients, which actually help you lose weight!
I wanted to share a couple of my top tips to keep you on track throughout December:
* Plan your meals ahead - and plan in your treats too so that you don't feel deprived.
* Fill up on protein and healthy fats to prevent the sugar cravings!
* Don't drink every day - this does nothing to help with the temptation!
* Set aside 3- 5 days where you have no guilt over the holidays - food is there to be enjoyed and I won't lie, I'm partial to a celebration or 3... Just not every day on the lead up.
* Focus on eating real food... This way you are getting plenty of nutrients in!
If you'd like more tips and plenty of recipes to keep you going over Christmas then check out my online shop and pick up a copy of Christmas with Janine McGee.