HUMMUS PASTA WITH PEAS, ROCKET AND ONION
300g Brown rice pasta (I use Dove's farm or Waitrose)
Homemade hummus (use recipe below. I end up using about 3/4 of it and saving the rest to have on oat cakes or chopped vegetables the next day)
Large handful of rocket
2 red onions
2 fillet steak (optional - I didn't give any steak to my son).
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (I use Braggs)
400g tin of chickpeas
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of tahini
1/2 clove of garlic (you can add a whole clove but I left it quite mild as it was going to be eaten by a 9 month old).
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Boil two saucepans of water.
2. Add the peas to one pan and the pasta to another.
3. Slice red onion and fry in a half of the coconut oil and the apple cider vinegar (once softened, leave to one side).
4. Meanwhile, slice the steak if using and fry in a separate pan in a little coconut oil. (One cooked leave to one side)
5. While everything is cooking, make up the hummus, simply add all of the hummus ingredients into a food processor and blitz for a few minutes. You may need to stop and stir/ remove from the sides every now and then.
6. Drain the pasta and peas when they have finished cooking and put both of them back into the pasta saucepan and put back on a low heat. Stir in desired amount of hummus, and allow to heat through for a minute or two.
7. Dish up the pasta and then add rocket, cooked onion and steak if using.